Don’t forget to vote on Tuesday, May 19, 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Where to vote
Registered voters in the towns of Worcester, Decatur, Roseboom, Seward, Summit, Richmondville, Jefferson, Blenheim, and Fulton (west of the junction of Tower and Greenbush Roads) vote at Radez Elementary, 319 E. Main Street, Richmondville (294-6621).
Registered voters in the towns of Root, Carlisle, Esperance, Schoharie, Cobleskill, Middleburgh, and Fulton (east of the junction of Tower and Greenbush Roads) vote at Golding Middle School, 155 Washington Ave., Cobleskill (234-4032).
If you have questions about your voting location, call 234-4032, ext. 2000.
What’s on the ballot
- The proposed $38,516,494 school budget, which carries a spending increase of $933,091 (2.48%) and a tax levy increase of $300,584 (1.99%).
- A proposal to purchase four 65-passenger buses and two 4-wheelchair, 3-passenger vans (see page 2 of the newsletter for more information).
- Two seats on the Cobleskill-Richmondville Board of Education, each with a three-year term. Candidates are
Melissa Bartlett, Justin Smith, and Dan Schulte. Click here to meet the candidates.
- A separate proposition to fund The Community Library for $264,125. (Under State Education Law, funding for the library is collected by the school district and then forwarded to the library.)
- Election of one member to a 5-year term on the Public Library Board.