Building Safety Procedures
Below are a few reminders about procedures that will help keep our children safe.
Change in transportation
If your child will be dismissed from school early or will not be riding the bus at the end of the day, please send a note in the morning with this information so that bus passes can be prepared and teachers and drivers notified. When writing notes for transportation changes, please be sure to include specific name(s) and street address of where your child needs to go. Notes must include more than “to grandma’s house” or “to the babysitter’s home.” Dismissal plan changes will not be accepted by telephone. Emergency transportation changes require permission from the principal.
Whenever entering the school building report immediately to the office, sign in and receive a visitor’s pass. Never go to any classroom without first reporting to the main office to sign in and receive a visitor’s pass.
- Please be aware that when visiting the Radez School there are a number of handicapped parking spaces in front of the main entrance.
- Often when there is a performance, there are many cars in the parking area. Never park three-deep in the center of the upper parking area.
- When parking, be aware not to park in restricted zones that are emergency exits in case of fire or other evacuation needs. Do not park along the edge of the driveway.
- Feel free to park in the lower lot by the water treatment plant and use the railed sidewalk to walk up to the building.
- At dismissal, do not enter the upper parking area when buses are in the lot (approximately between 2:40 and 3:05 p.m.)
The Board of Education attendance policy asks parents to notify the office every time your child is absent. The office will make an effort to contact you on a daily basis if your child is not in school and we have not heard from you. Please remember to send a written excuse within three days to school with your child when returning from an absence.