Board of Education
The Cobleskill-Richmondville Central School District Board of Education is a seven-member board elected by the community that is the official policy-making body of the school district. Board members are elected on a rotating basis to three-year terms, and they serve without pay.
The board is responsible for establishing the quality of education in the district. As elected officials, they represent the public in:
- defining the philosophy of the district;
- setting goals and objectives to achieve educational progress;
- establishing policies for the operation of the school district;
- evaluating the effectiveness of district programs and services;
- developing a budget consistent with educational needs and community resources.
C-RCS Board of Education meetings are normally held in the William H. Golding Middle School library at 7 p.m. Board of Education meetings are videotaped by Schopeg. For those residents who have the public access channel, check your local guide for broadcast times.
The Cobleskill-Richmondville School Board of Education
- Bruce Tryon, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steven Philbrick, Vice President, email@example.com
Melissa Bartlett, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Black, email@example.com
- Margaret Jackman Pryor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Schulte, email@example.com
Susan Emerson Strasser, firstname.lastname@example.org